Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Spirit of Night


I'm reading  "To Hear the Angels Sing", a book by Dorothy MacLean, one of the founder of the Findhorn Community, and the person who first made contact with the nature spirits here.
 
Dorothy lives here in the community and faithfully appears at the 8:35  meditation every morning, wearing a red coat on these cold spring mornings.
 
I want to share with you this message from the Spirit of Night, quoted in her book:
 
"I love all life, and with my cloak I cover up each little yesterday for each of you. In me you find rest and when you leave me you go with new life, life whose wrinkles I have ironed out while you were in my care. I am the inviting nothingness of darkness into which you must float in faith, unknowingly, from which you return renewed."
 
I tried to find an illustration of the spirit of the night with which to embellish this post, but nothing appropriate came up in Google images. I guess I'll have to draw one, or commission one, myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment